Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lets Give a Toast, to the Monday-Monday Moms!

Okay not to slap men directly in the face.. wait, yes to do exactly that.  Not all men, just the ones that take away from the joy of a baby coming into the world.  I change my mind instead of being negative, I'm going to be positive.  So I'm extending the title to the Monday-Monday dads as well. 

As I grow older I realize all of the hard work that my mother and father put into my childhood.  Just crazy, I feel bad for them because I think the job continues to get harder as I get older instead of easier hehe ;) But now here I am with so many of my girlfriends that our mothers and I am so proud of how well they are at being mothers.  I think magic happens in that delivery room, well actually before that because they start the magic nine months before.  It is amazing to see the differences in a woman as her pregnancy progresses.  I don't think that children are necessarily for me, at least for as long as I can see... But I will always have an enormous amount of respect for any woman that can take a 6 hour car trip alone with her little boy/girl and continue to answer, Why is the grass green? Why are we going slow? Why can't we race that car? Why can't we have McDonalds? and Why do I have to go to my dads?  Hopefully the last question is never asked.  I am also proud of all of my guy friends that work hard to be a part of their childrens lives, because I have seen that as well.  I just can't help but be a little bit jealous at this point (because I don't have a child) of the man, who gets to play the vacation dad on the weekend.  How fun to be able to go about a single life, and then 2 out of 14 days play super dad.  This is most often not their fault at all though because the mother would rather have their child all day everyday... and maybe that is how the man feels as well and it is harder on him. . . But no, no I don't think so.

I think that men should have to wear a pregnant belly for the first 9 months as well.  They can continue to go on the bike runs, get wasted at the local bar and have multiple partners... They just better find a way to do it with a 8lb belly.  Moral of my story.... I just wanted to rant about how proud I am of all women single, or  not single that are great mothers! I am so proud to know so many great women!

No comments:

Post a Comment