Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where the heart is.


Last weekend I was able to make the journey to my roots. :)  Northeastern Oklahoma.. No, not Tulsa.  I said Noooorttthassssternnn, as in the farthest north, and the farthest east you can go while still being in Oklahoma.  I don't really know what town I verify as being my home.  When explaining to people I usually just mention Miami, or Joplin, Missiouri because explaining where I actually live is just way to hard and complicated.  I live in the country.  I live in Picher school district, have a Picher phone number, a Miami zip code and I went to school in Commerce my whole life, so take your pick.  Owp well wait, I guess Picher isn't a town technically?? Owhh, that is a blog of its own.  Back to the story-

My family.. that's where I consider home.  They are the best.  I didn't get to spend much time with them over the holidays due to the evil word of retail.  I decided to take my roomie, Roselie with me on this journey.  I think it's funny that we, here in Oklahoma City, talk with a knowledge that we are not really in a big city buuuut let me tell you, where I come from it is. ;) So I decided to take a "city girl" back with me to the country.  She is always up for anything so she tagged a long.  <3 her.

It was a great trip.  The weather was perfect for a day at the chats riding.  What are the chats you ask, .... the reason my town has been shut down. Picher Drama.. You thought you had it? anyway, they say dangerous.. I say childhood at its best. We took the top off of the jeep and took it for a spin.  It was theee best.   When we got to the chats, one of only about five places still left, we obviously weren't the only ones with the idea, it was packed.






I love being able to get back home, it just puts things back into perspective for me.  Whether that place is the country, the big city, or the small city for you, it is just nice to have that place.  The trip didn't last long enough as always.  Before I knew it my dad was loading my luggage in the car and checking my car out before I could get back on the road, same routine every time.  I love being in a city setting and  I think I may die if I ever moved back for good, but it is the most amazing place to go back to.  My family is without a doubt my everything.  My mom will always be sure to put me in my place when I think I'm just a little too hot.  My dad will remind me of the hard work that goes into every thing that I enjoy everyday.  My sister is my best friend and reminds me when I really do need to listen to my mom or dad.  Mason, my nephew is my superstar in the making, my boo, my man, my main, my everything and my friends are the greatest support system in the world, always making sure I step instead of fall.
I wouldn't change my hometown(s) for anything. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool story bro. I know exactly what you mean about small towns.

    ReplyDelete