Sunday, March 20, 2011

City Sisters

Sooo when I first moved to OKC, I knew uhm.. no one.  I set out to get my first job, scared out of my knickers.  I decided to get a job at Buckle (Very top secret info, don't judge, I was 19... hater.)  Anywho, The day of my interview came up and I got a really weird freakish eye infection, where it watered constantly and I could barely look at the light.  I needed to cancel, but what kind of message was that sending?.. This girl can't even make it to her interview... NEXXXT.  So I went.  Tasha interviewed me, eye watering and all.  Little did I know, Tasha would become one of my best friends.  My first year in the city was crazy.  I dealt with a lot of things here and back home that first year and these people helped me get through, and shape the lady that I have become. 

Now four years later, everyone has gone on with their lives which have ended up winding down total opposite roads.  That is how I know it is true friendship.  Everyone is completely different from each other, and all busy with very different lives, but we all get together one time a month for our monthly girls dinner date.  Tonight was dinner date number seven.  It might seem like a simple task, but getting 5 ladies in their midish twenties together is harder than it seems.  Let me brag a bit on my Buckle ladies ;)
 Tasha and I still work together at ULTA.  She moves, I move.  She is still my boss and I love every minute of it.  She has two of the sweetest cutest boys in the world.  CJ and Davian.  <3 them  She is probably the most caring and compassionate woman a person could ever meet.  I don't know what I would do without her. 






Ty is ... Ty.  :) Ty is crazy and outgoing.. she talks all the time and jumps from subject to subject without apology.  She graduated from UCO and now is a free bird.  She works all the time so that she can play all the time.  She is always in NY, or Vegas or her next trip, to Barbados.  She is a single gal with two puppy kids of her own and loving their company way too much lol.








Rachel is hilarious.  She is very down to earth and compassionate as well.  She has two twin babies.  Kellon and Macy.  Adorable.  She is married to her Buckle sweetheart and they pretty much have the fairytale ending, although she always assures me to take my time ;)  She is from a small town as well, so I know she always knows where I am coming from. 





Dacia is so sweet and probably a bit too innocent at times.  She would give money or the shirt on her back to anyone.  We have to stop her sometimes.  She lives in the Elk City area now so we really only get to see her once a month.  She has a serious boyfriend but no children or ring as of now.









These girls are more like sisterly figures to me.  Even though I only get to see some of them once a month they are always full of big sister advice for me.  They are all extremely different and all have different plans and ideas on what success is to them.

Our dinner tonight lasted through appetizers, entrees, drinks, three and a half hours and tons of laughs.  Sometimes it is nice to get away from every day and slip into the past.  It is nice to reminisce about the good days, but it just as good to plan the future.. as long as you know you have people to keep you up through the good and bad. 
I am so lucky to have sisters like these women.  Love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment